Welcome to another Crafty Sprouts' challenge! Today is a Be Free kind of day, so anything goes!! I decided to create a gatefold card that I was inspired by in a magazine. It's fairly easy to do and I will post the instructions below. I used the Have a Cool Yule stamp set from Crafty Sprouts. I just love this stamp set because it is so much fun for Christmas cards and projects! I also used Creative Memories punches for the scalloped tag and the snow flakes. The paper is from Echo Park.
This is a great card to include a gift certificate in the pocket or even insert a picture or a couple of candy canes. I will be adding a lot of greetings to this and sending a special family member who lives far away.
1. Cut a 12x6 piece of card stock, one 9x6 and one 8x4 inch of card stock (all same color).
2. Score the 12x6 sheet at 3" and 9"
3. Score the 9x6 sheet (long side horizontal) at 3"
4. Fold flaps of 12" paper inward. Then fold the 9" paper at the score line.
5. Align the 9" sheet of paper to the right side of the 12" sheet of paper and adhere.
6. Take the 8x4 sheet and score 1" away from each end on 3 sides (long side horizontal). This will be the part to use as a pocket.
7. Use a scallop border punch or any border punch of your choice on the non scored side (you may need to adjust the edges with a pair of scissors to even them out once you fold)
8. Fold in the sides to create a pocket and adhere sides to the front center flap and bottom to the reverse side of the center flap.
8. Cut designer paper to fit the front and insides.
9. Decorate as you wish.
Here's the Crafty Sprouts stamp set that I used:
So there you have it! I would love to see if you gave this a try, so please let me know if you have so I can come and visit your blog. Don't forget to visit the rest of the Crafty Sprouts' Design Team!!
As a bonus, here's a sneaky peek at what the next release will be:
And don't forget about the Calendar Blog hop on thanksgiving weekend. It will be filled with lots of calendar related projects!
Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend!