Thursday, November 24, 2011

I Am Thankful


Today is a day where we give thanks for many things.  We give thanks for our family, our friends, our jobs, our lives.  I personally thank God every day of my life.  There are days I complain, but then I think of the person that has no job, the one who lost a family member, the ones that have no one to sit and have a dinner and a conversation with, the ones that have never experienced love, the ones that are fighting a deadly disease and the ones that have sadly enough never experienced God, it reminds me to be thankful instead of complaining.  

I am thankful for my beautiful family who constantly supports me in every which way.  For my husband who stands by me, for my children who love me unconditionally, for my parents who have cared for me all my life and continue to do so by praying for me, for my sisters who I love with all my heart, for my job that pays my bills and allows me to go and see the doctor without a huge expense, for my home that I am able to afford, for my friends who are there for me when I need someone to talk to and for my crafty friends who inspire me and keep me going in doing what I love.

When things are not going right in my life and I'm down, I remind myself that things could be worse.  God brings me to that point for one reason and that's to get me closer to him.  To remind me that he is there and that he is my strength.  Let's be reminded of the things we do have in our lives and be thankful for them not just for today, but everyday of the year and also be reminded that when life is not rosy, God is there to get us through.... but only if we let him.  May my beautiful family and friends have a great day with their loved ones.  Happy Thanksgiving!


I'm Thankful…
Author Unknown

…for the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours, 
because it means I am alive.

…for weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day, 
because it means I have been capable of working hard.

…for my shadow that watches me work,
because it means I am out in the sunshine.

…for the taxes that I pay, 
because it means that I am employed.

…for the clothes that fit a little too snug, 
because it means I have enough to eat.

…for the teen-ager who is complaining about doing dishes 
because he is at home and not on the streets.

…for the mess to clean up after a party, 
because it means that I have been surrounded by friends.

…for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and need fixing, 
because it means I have a home.

…for the lady behind me in church that sings off key, 
because it means that I can hear.

…for all the complaining I hear about the government, 
because it means that I have freedom of speech.

…for the parking spot at the far end of the parking lot, 
because it means I am capable of walking 
and that I have been blessed with transportation.

…for my huge heating bill, because it means I am warm.

1 comment:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Happy Thanksgiving my friend!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com